Thursday, August 30, 2018

Wow, where has the time gone?

This is the beginning of a new Fall semester here at Howard Payne University & I am having a great time working with students and their research. We have a new director here at the Walker Memorial Library, Mrs. Debby Dill. She is going to do a great job in this position because unlike me, she is a real people person and knows just the right words to make others understand without putting them on the defense. With me, I don't know how to be politically correct and even when I try, I still get it wrong. So I will leave all that to her.
I am about to complete my 27th year, here in the library. My plan is to retire in 6 more years. That will get Thomas through his studies at the University of Mary Hardin Baylor. He will start there next Fall, 2019. He is a senior this year at Early High School. So very proud of all his accomplishments.
My eldest son, Samuel will be graduating from Mary Hardin Baylor in May, 2019. With Bachelor of Arts degrees in Christian Studies & Public Relations. He just flourished at UMHB and I can't wait to see where the Lord would have him be next.
My dear wife Paula will be retiring after 25 years in public education. She deserves this complete change in her life. I wish we could do this at the same time but in  order for Thomas to attend UMHB, I must remain working at HPU.

No comments:

Post a Comment