Thursday, November 3, 2011

We all want to be Validated

I was watching Oprah's Life Class last night, Wednesday, November 2nd and it was about all people wanting to be validated, wanting to be seen by others. She said that the worst thing you can do to a person is make them invisible. This unfortunately has happened to me here on the Howard Payne University campus, especially among the faculty. I walked into Faculty Assembly last Friday, October 28th and only 4 professors even acknowledged that I was there. They give me no regard and it hurts because I have been at the institution for almost 20 years and I know I have not done anything to merit this blatant rudeness.
This has happened to me in the church as well. Now I really understand why there are so many people who want nothing to do with Christanity. People in the body of Christ know how to love God but they know nothing about loving people. There were several times at one church I attended where I was standing right in front of the individual and they treated me as if I was not even there. People who I had respect for because they were in "ministry" at the church. I have vowed to myself that they will never have the opportunity to minister to me again, this side of heaven. The place where I thought love abounds, slapped me across the face. I know the Bible says to turn the other cheek, but you can only take but so much before it really starts to sting. That is all I have ever wanted was to love and be loved in return.
I feel that I have so much to offer, but in our society you are judged by how you sound, or how you act, or how you look.

No comments:

Post a Comment