Wednesday, November 30, 2011

But no man can tame the tongue. It is a restless evil, full of deadly poison. James 3:8
How true! That is the one thing that I can't seem to control! Instead of walking away from someone's verbal attack or when I don't see people responding, I feel like I have to lash back with my tongue.
I am becoming more and more a recluse because I feel that the words I choose or how I say them rub people the wrong way and then they don't ever want to converse with me again. Sometimes I feel like I would be better off, out of this world. Don't get me wrong, I am not suicidal and would never contemplate such a task but I feel like sometimes this world would be a better place and that my wife and sons would have more doors open to them and more friends if I were not around. I do love life and I do love people but so many of them, it seems, that once they meet me, that is all they want, nothing deeper and when they see me again it's as if they never met me to start with. So right now I just roll with the punches and try to hold the hurt in nicely so no one will suspect a thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment